June: Wigton Moor Gala

Congratulations to the U14s Girls, who returned home from the Wigton Moor Gala with a trophy. After finishing third in the League stage of the gala the girls went forward to the Europa League stage of the competition. They won their semi final on penalties, and then won the final 1-0.


Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd May

U12s welcomed Pannal Sports Tigers to Grange Park for the final league fixture of the season. The game was very even throughout, with both teams struggling to create many clear chances with the first half finishing 0-0. The second half saw Pannal score from a free kick due to the keeper picking up a pass-back, and shortly afterwards we pulled back a goal when the Pannal keeper fumbled the ball into his own net. Final score 1-1.

Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th May

U14s Boys gifted Bradford Warriors two early goals before waking up, going into the break 2-1 down. A much improved second half saw us play some good football and score three without reply, for a 4-2 win. U10s played some of their best football of the season in their last match of the season, winning all four games away at Pannal.

U14s Girls entered two teams in the Killinghall Gala. The development team, which included a couple of new girls, found it a little tough going at times and went out at the group stage. The other team won their group and was much the better team in the semi final, peppering the opposition goal, hitting the woodwork and doing everything bar scoring. Our opponents didn't have a shot on goal in normal time. And so it went to golden goal. Again we came close, but with 30 seconds left, their first shot on goal trickles in at the far post and we are out.

U9s also played in a tournament at Killinghall. We entered two teams, one of whom won their group and reached the final, where they lost to a strong team from Strensall.

Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th May

It was the last game ever for the U18s, away at League Champions Ilkley. We lost the match, perhaps not too surprising given that we haven't played or trained for two months, struggled to raise a team, and were forced to field a stand-in goalkeeper. And so twelve years of football comes to an end.

No game for the U12s this weekend. Instead they were flag bearers at Harrogate Town's match against Sutton United, and got to play a match on the Wetherby Road pitch during the half time interval.

Saturday 30th April and Sunday 1st May

Congratulations to the U14s Boys, who romped to a 7-0 win over Thorp United Blues in the final of the Barkston Ash Deighton Shield. A superb performance from defence to attack. We are going to need a bigger clubhouse to accomodate the trophy!

U16s played against Otley at home in a title decider, which we needed to win but a draw would suffice for Otley. On the day Otley were hungrier and wanted it more, and we fell to a 5-0 defeat that means we finished the season as runners up. U14s Girls had no recognised goalkeeper available for the trip to Beckwithshaw, so we used rotated four different players between the sticks. It didn't seem to affect our performance, as we won 2-0 to go eight league games unbeaten. U10s drew one and lost three against Pannal Ash. It could have been two draws but we missed a last minute penalty that would have levelled the score in one of the games.

Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th April

It was a scrappy first half between the U14s Girls and Clifford with not much to separate the two teams. A little tinkering at half time paid off, as we scored two late goals to make it seven games in a row without defeat. After gifting Wortley a goal, U14s Boys equalised after constant pressure, only to concede another before half time. We responded after the break with a relentless onslaught on the Wortley goal, scoring twice without reply for a 3-2 win. U12s were missing some key players for their trip to Beckwithshaw, but the rest of the team stepped up as we won 3-2 to make it six straight wins and up to fourth place in the table. U11s played their best half of football so far this season to go into the break ahead against Knaresborough. Unfortunately the boys tired in the second half, and we allowed Knaresborough to score a winning goal in the last minute of the match. A friendly fixture for the U9s against Clifford, recording two wins and two defeats.

Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd April

U14s Girls played Beckwithshaw at Grange Park. We played well in the first half, restricting the opposition and creating a few good chances, one of which led to a goal. We changed the shape in the second half, taking the game to Beckwithshaw and scoring three without reply for a 4-0 win. A local derby for the U12s, playing on The Ings against Wetherby. The game was competitive from the start; we made the early pressure and went into the break a goal ahead. The second half was more open. We had the best chances, scoring three more, with Wetherby getting a consolation from a free kick. Final score 4-1. An interesting encounter for the U9s against Pannal Sports. We had 12 players versus their squad of 42! A little one sided, but the better side won.

Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th March

U15s played Knaresborough at home. We had already beaten them twice this season, so it was important to guard against complacency. We scored an early headed goal from a well worked corner, only for Knaresborough to equalise against the run of play with a shot from distance. We responded with a second before half time, then after the break the game opened up. Some good goals coupled with some lazy defending resulted in a final score of 5-3 to us. Back to the top of the table with four games to go. U14s Boys were away at Yorkshire Amateurs in the League Cup. Despite the fact that our opponents are unbeaten for three years and their team contains a number of Academy players we were outstanding and by far the better team. Unfortunately we didn't put away our chances, and we lost 2-0. If only we were more clinical in front of goal. U14s Girls were at home to second in the table Scotton, who already beat us twice this season, including an 8-0 defeat in the Cup. After a strong team talk before kick off we played well and battled for everything, getting a 3-0 win with all of the goals coming in the first half.  U12s welcomed Beckwithshaw to Grange Park. We dominated possession in the first half, creating all the early chances and going into the break a gaol up. The second half continued in a similar vein, and as the game got stretched we scored three more for a 4-0 win. Four close games for the U10s away at Clifford. We played some good football and shaded the contest on aggregate.

Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th March

U14s Girls started strongly away at Clifford and took a 1-0 lead into the break. We made some changes at half time to give all of our players some game time, but this unbalanced the team a little. A couple of defensive errors saw Clifford take the lead, so we tweaked things again and got a late equaliser, and were unlucky not to clinch a win in the last seconds of the match. Final score 2-2. After a tentative start away at Whitkirk, U14s Boys produced a very professional performance for a 5-0 win. Due to an administrative mix-up, U12s started with just 8 players against 9 away at Harrogate Railway. We held out until our 9th player arrived, which then boosted the team and we took a 1-0 lead. The rest of the game was a hard fought contest, but we battled through and scored three in the last ten minutes for a 4-0 win. U9s got two wins and two defeats away at Ripon.

Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th March

U15s were away in the Cup Quarter Final at Wetherby, arguably the best team in the league. Our boys gave an excellent performance, keeping the score down to 0-1 at half time. After the break we conceded three more but managed to score ourselves, eventually losing 4-1. U14s Boys were far from their best away at Kellingley, gifting the opposition three goals but somehow managing to stay in the game and winning it 4-3 with a last minute winner. It took a few minutes for the U14s Girls to get going against Kirkstall, but once we woke up we got three before half time, and added another after the interval for a 4-0 win. U12s played Nidd East for the second week running. Nidd upped their game this week, giving us a harder contest, but we prevailed 3-2. U10s won two, drew one and lost one against Pannal Sports. A fairly even contest between the U9s and Wigton Moor at Grange Park. It just didn't click for a number of our players this week, and the match ended with a win, a draw and two defeats.

Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th March

U18s played out a 1-1 draw against league leaders Knaresborough at Grange Park, having spurned numerous gilt-edged chances to claim a deserved win. U14s Girls faced Eldwick at home. We had already lost twice this season to the same opponents, despite on both occasions being the better side. Just before kick off we were forced to replace our goalkeeper due to injury, leaving us 30 seconds to find a stand-in keeper. The game itself was fairly even, more endeavour than quality on display today. We took the lead in the first half, but after the break there was a ten minute spell when Eldwick dominated, equalised, and could have scored another. We were also guilty of squandering a couple of good opportunities to score, and so it finished 1-1. U13s won comfortably 2-1 away at Leyburn, and could have had more. The win leaves us top of the division. U12s league match against Pannal Sports was cancelled, so instead played a friendly against Nidd East, winning 3-1. U11s were down to the bare bones away at Beckwithshaw, with five players missing from the line up. In the face of adversity the team ran, fought and battled, and lost only to an unstoppable shot into the top corner. A special mention to our goalkeeper, whose performance had even the opposition players, parents and coaches patting him on the back at the end of the game. U9s had three emphatic wins and a defeat against Harrogate Railway.

Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th February

U18s fielded a new goalkeeper against Ripon, and it made a big difference, helping us to a 1-0 win. U12s played Nidd West at home. We were missing a couple of players and lacked sharpness following the half term break from training, resulting in a 6-0 defeat. U11s got a good win against Killinghall. Despite leading at the interval the performance was not great and the half time team talk made this clear to the boys. Cue a much improved display in the second half, first to every ball, slick passing and battling for each other, resulting in an emphatic victory.

Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th February

A home match for the U14s Girls against table-topping and previously unbeaten Killinghall. Conditions were fine to start but the rain turned parts of the pitch boggy by the end. We played much better than in recent weeks, a goal up at half time and managed to maintain the effort to claim a 2-1 win in a good contest.

Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th February

U15s first half away at Bedale was hard work, playing into the wind and rain and struggling to break down a well organised side. In the second half we controlled the game, dominating possession and creating a number of good opportunities. However we had to wait until the 70th minute before a goal finally came. We managed to add a second before the end for a 2-0 win to take us back to the top of the table. U14s Boys were in Cup 5th Round action against Huddersfield. We led 3-0 at half time, but let the opposition back into the game. Leading 3-2 with fifteen minutes to go, we held out to the end to qualify for the Quarter Finals. U14s Girls were away to Scotton in the Cup. We never got into this game. We were 3-0 down at half time and confidence was visibly draining from some of the players. It finished 8-0 to Scotton, an embarrasing defeat from which we need to learn and move on. On a wet and rainy day at Grange Park the U12s and Harrogate Railway struggled to play any decent football on a slippery pitch. Railway grabbed a scruffy goal to take a 1-0 lead into the break. In the second half the rain and wind eased enough to allow both teams to play some football. It was Harrogate that seized the initiative, scoring three goals in quick succession to race into a 4-0 lead. We then lost a couple of players to injury, including our keeper, but a determined effort and gritty display saw us pull the score back to 4-3. Unfortunely for us it was the visitors that scored next, and so it remained that way for a 5-3 win to Harrogate. Two wins and two defeats for the U10s against Wigton Moor.

Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th February

U15s played Leeds Maccabi in the rain and wind on a muddy, sloping Soldier's Field pitch. Despite the challenging conditions and going a goal down early in the match we levelled through a fabulous free kick. This spurred us on and we went into half time 4-2 up. Kicking uphill in the second half didn't halt our momentum, and we continued to dominate possession, ending up with a 7-3 win. U14s Girls lost 3-1 to Killinghall, a close game that was decided by a couple of costly errors. U13s beat Ripon away on an undersized pitch that also functions as a litter tray for dogs. U11s enjoyed a good win over Pannal Ash, with a number of players back after recently being laid up with Covid. Predictably they were shattered by the final whistle. U10s played four very close games against Pannal Ash, losing out narrowly on the aggregate score by a single goal. There were two big wins and two draws for the U9s against Knaresborough.

Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th January

U16s went a goal down halfway through the first half away to Pannal Sports. This kicked us into action, we equalised within a few minutes and grabbed a second before half time. The second half was a tense affair; we kept Pannal at bay before scoring again in the last ten minutes for a 3-1 win that keeps us top of the league. U15s got off to the perfect start away at Knaresborough, scoring from distance in the first minute. A second goal followed before half time, and it was more of the same after the break, scoring twice more for a 4-0 win. Another cup tie for the U14s Girls, playing away at Boroughbridge in the League Cup. Kicking into the wind in the first half we kept the game goalless. In the second half with the wind behind us we changed formation and applied the pressure, scoring three without reply to take us through to the next round. U14s Boys played against Yorkshire Amateurs, reigning champions and three years unbeaten. Against a physically impressive team, and with both of our centre halves unavailable, we kept the score to 1-1 with 15 minutes remaining. Then we conceded twice before the end for a final result of 3-1 to our opponents. A 3-0 win for the U13s against Lawnswood to avenge the 5-3 defeat earlier in the season, and take us joint top of the table. U12s game against Catterick at Grange Park started fairly evenly, with us having the early chances and taking the lead after 15 minutes following a fine move from back to front. Two well taken goals followed to give us a 3-0 lead after just 20 minutes. Catterick responded positively and pulled a couple back before half time. After the interval our energy levels dropped and we lost our shape. Catterick took control of the game, racing into a 5-2 lead before we managed to get back on the scoresheet. Further goals followed for each team for a final score of 6-4 to the visitors.

Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd January

U16s were away at Harrogate Railway. It was a great match between two sides with 100% records so far this season. It could have gone either way but ended goalless, so we remain unbeaten this season. U15s were beaten in a friendly match by Clifford, who play in a division above us. We came twice from behind to make the score 2-2 with ten minutes remaining, and spurned a number of golden opportunities that we should have converted. Clifford took full advantage of poor defending from corners to grab two late goals for a 4-2 win. U14s Girls were knocked out of the County Cup at Brighouse. An even game, decided by a couple of errors that cost us dear. Final score 3-1 to Brighouse. U14s Boys could only field ten players away at Farsley Celtic in the League Cup, but still won 11-0, despite taking off another player to try to make the contest more even. U12s started brightly against Pannal Ash Reds on The Stray, enjoying the vast majority of early possession and forcing four corners in the first few minutes. Then Pannal scored from their first attack and the momentum of the game changed. Despite us creating numerous chances and forcing their keeper to make a number of excellent saves, we couldn't score, whereas Pannal's finishing was clinical and deadly, finding the back of the net three more times before the break. The second half followed the same pattern: we couldn't score, Pannal seemingly couldn't miss, and they beat us 7-0. U11s beat Catterick comfortably at Grange Park.

Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th January

U15s were in Cup action away at Knaresborough. We changed formation to play a diamond shape in midfield and staright from kick off we looked comfortable. We dominated possession and were cruising at 2-0 up before a defensive error on the stroke of half time gifted Knaresborough a goal. In the second half we missed a number of golden opportunities to extend the lead before we eventually settled the match with a third goal eight minutes from the end. Final score 3-1. U12s travelled to Leyburn for their first away game of the season. In the first half both teams initially struggled to pass succesfully, but our energy and determination resulted in us taking a 1-0 lead into the break. Playing uphill in the second half we found our touch on an unforgiving surface and took control of the game, only to give away a silly penalty that Leyburn converted to level the score. No matter, we kicked on, regained control of the game and scored three times in the last fifteen minutes for a comfortable 4-1 win.

Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th January

U12s welcomed Wetherby to Grange Park for the first game of 2022 on a bright and dry Sunday morning. Both teams had early chances; we squandered ours only to see Wetherby take an early lead. This setback knocked our confidence for the remainder of the first half with it ending 2-0 to the visitors at the break. In the second half the game was more even, but again we missed a number of great opportunities, giving the ball away too many times and were punished with another two goals from Wetherby. We kept going and grabbed a late consolation goal from a free kick and finished strongly. The game ended in a 4-1 Wetherby win.

The first half of U13s 2-1 win against Pannal Sports was possibly the best half of football this team ever played. U14s played in the fourth round of the County Cup against Northowram of Huddersfield. We had just 11 players and a single defender, the remainder either injured or ill. To make matters worse our one remaining defender had to come after ten minutes and we then lost another player five minutes later, having to play the rest of the game 10 v 11. We stood up to an onslaught from the opposition and managed to score just before half time. An outstanding display by every one of our players saw us score two more after the break and keep a clean sheet. The boys were shattered when they came off the pitch. The 3-0 win puts us into the last 16 of the competition.

Action from the U18s match v Menston

Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th December

Barkston Ash Cup semi final action for two of our teams. It was always going to be a tough task for the U12s facing high-flying Garforth Rangers, and so it proved, with the boys succumbing to an 11-0 defeat. Better news for the U14s at Thorpe United. A good, solid performance saw us 3-0 up at half time. Thorpe pulled a goal back in the second half but a minute later we restored the three goal lead, and proceeded to comfortably play out the game to full time to take us into the final.

Elsewhere U13s put in a fine performance to earn a deserved 3-2 friendly win at Wigton Moor and U18s finished the calendar year with a 3-3 draw in a friendly with Pool.

Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th December

U10s played two and won two against Clifford. One game saw us win by convincingly, the second game saw us battle from two goals down to win right at the death. U11s played a local derby against Wetherby Athletics at The Ings, losing both matches. A mild December Sunday morning in Ripley was the backdrop for an excellent game between the U12s and Nidd East. The game was full of commitment and energy from both sides. We took an early lead but every time we scored Nidd pegged us back. Both teams battled hard; the 5-5 draw was probably a fair result.

Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th December

U14s Girls travelled to Huddersfield to face Woodlanders Jaguar in Arctic conditions in the County Cup. We started well and scored an early goal, conceded an equaliser but regained the lead before half time. Another equaliser for Woodlanders, but we managed to score a third and hold on to the lead to progress to the next round with a 3-2 win.

U11s and U13s were both in action against Killinghall at Grange Park. U11s were missing three of our stronger players but played the match with just two at the back and a loaded midfield. The tactic worked, with a hard-working side coming out on top. U13s won their game 3-0. U12s travelled to Catterick for an early start on a cold and wet Sunday morning. Both teams started the game very competitively with Catterick creating the early chances. However it was KDR who opened the scoring with two goals in the first fifteen minutes. Catterick drew level by half time, but we dominated after the break, running out 5-3 winners. U15s took some time to get going against Leeds Maccabi but eventully opened the scoring with a stunning long range shot. Two more before half time saw us to into the break 3-0 up. More of the same in the second half, scoring three more without reply to win 6-0 and briefly top the league table. U16s went a goal behind against Pannal Sports but managed to equalise in the final minute of the first half. After the break we picked up the pace and controlled the game, winning 3-1 to maintain our unbeaten record and go top of the league.

Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th November

U9s faced Wetherby at a cold Grange Park, getting two wins, a draw and a defeat.

Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st November

Two games for the U12s this weekend. A 4-2 league win against Pannal Sports on Saturday was followed by a 3-2 win away at Collingham Racing in the Barkston Ash Cup on Sunday. U13s played their best game in some time to beat Knaresborough Celtic 1-0. U14s' squad was hit by a wave of coughs and colds but despite having only twelve available players went to Rothwell and won 7-0. U18s drew 1-1 away at Pool to register their first points of the season.

Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th November

U13s performed well below their best this weekend, going down 5-3 to Lawnswood. U14s faced a Pannal Ash side that was unbeaten for almost two years. A goal down at half time, we came out fighting after the break and came away with a 4-2 win.

Ahead of kick off at Ripon U10s respect a minute's silence in memory of those who gave their lives in time of war

Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th November

U13s were a goal down at half time at Leyburn, but a fine second half performance saw us come home with a 4-1 win. U14s Girls might have been a little apprehensive going into their County Cup tie against high flying Horsforth, but we were 2-0 up after five minutes, scored a third before half time, and two more after the break for a 5-0 win.

Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st October

The second weekend of half term and more friendly action for our teams. U13s played Ulleskelf for the first time and came home victorious. U18s drew 1-1 in a friendly against Tockwith.

Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th October

The first weekend of half term saw most of our teams take a break from league football. No time off for the U16s, who played against Kellingley at Grange Park. A fabulous team performance from front to back against very good opposition saw us come away with a 6-0 win.

Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th October

Barkston Ash Cup action for two of our teams today. U12s put the disappointment of their County Cup exit earlier this month firmly behind them, with a well deserved 6-0 win over Garforth Villa at Grange Park. U14s were away to the same opponents, and for the third time this season conceded a goal within the first five minutes of the game. Heeding the wake-up call, they then produced a very strong performance in a hard fought match to progress to the next round with a 6-1 win.

U9s played Pannal Sports at Home, and slipped to their biggest defeat ever against a very good side. U10s were away at Beckwithshaw, coming back with a win, a defeat and two draws. U11s came away from a series of friendlies at Clifford with big smiles on their faces. U14s Girls romped to a 9-0 win away at Kirkstall. At home to Pannal Sports Tigers, U15s were down to just 12 available players due to injuries and COVID isolation. Despite a number of boys playing in unfamiliar positions and creating most of the first half chances, we were unfortunate to go in at the break a goal down, Pannal breaking the deadlock with their first shot on target. In the second half we played the better football but a couple of defensive errors saw us go 3-0 down. We responded with two goals but ran of out time searching for an equaliser. All credit to Pannal's keeper, who pulled off a couple of top quality saves.

Photos from the U15s match v Pannal Sports Tigers

Photos from the U18s match v Ilkley Town

Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th October

Photos from the U13s match v Harrogate Railway

Photos from the U14s Girls match v Beckwithshaw

Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd October

U9s were away at Pannal Ash. On a sunny morning both sides played good football, with us just finishing on top, winning one game and drawing the other three. After losing a close encounter with Knaresborough last week, this time out U10s narrowly beat Killinghall in another close end-to-end game. U14s were in league action at home against Rothwell. Before we even woke up we conceded from a corner in the first minute. After that setback we got our game together, producing a very good performance to win the game 5-1.

County Cup action for some of our teams this weekend. U12s were away at Bingley. It quickly became apparent that we were up against an outstanding team, the pace of their thinking and passing soon saw them take the lead while we struggled to break into the opposition half. At half time it was 3-0 to the Bingley and despite us making five substitutions at the start of the second half the game continued in the same vain with us struggling to carve out any clear chances and really test their keeper. The home side continued to dominate with the game ending 7-0 to Bingley. U16s and U18s both progressed to the next round without kicking a ball, both sides getting a bye after the opposition withdrew from the competition.

Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th September

U10s narrowly lost to Knaresborough in a see-saw game. U12s welcomed Pannel Ash to Grange Park for our first competitive home match of the season. In a game played over 4 x 15 minute quarters, we went into half-time evenly poised at 0-0 with us having had the majority of possession and forcing the Pannal Ash keeper to make a number of excellent saves. The game took a very different direction in the third quarter with Pannal Ash taking command scoring four quick goals as we lost shape and concentration. The fourth quarter was a more even contest, however Pannal scored twice more on the break as we pushed for a consolation goal, with the game finishing 6-0 to the visitors. An excellent performance from the U16s, comfortably beating Ripon 8-0.

Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th September

U9s first game of the season was a home fixture against Beckwithshaw. We won the first pair of games, then seemed to forget about defending in the next pair, losing one and narrowly winning the other.

U12s first competitive match of the season saw us away at Nidd. The rural location and tranquillity of the surroundings was in contrast to a gritty and sometimes physical encounter, both teams working hard throughout the sixty minute match. Due to sickness and non-availability we had only nine players, meaning all the boys played the full sixty minutes, against opponents who had the luxury of five-six substitutes. Despite the disadvantage we had the majority of the early ball and deservedly went a goal up, only for Nidd to equalise before half time. The second half saw Nidd come more into the game, creating many more chances, and eventually scoring a powerful second goal midway through the half. The boys kept battling, but couldn’t find their way to goal and it finished 2-1 to the hosts.

U13s went into the season having suffered a couple of defeats in pre-season friendlies. No problems this weekend, with a comprehensive 16-0 demolition of Boroughbridge at Grange Park.

U16s also played their first first match of the season against Ilkley in the Grange Park autumn sun. The team was fully motivated from kick-off and did not let Ilkley play in the first half, going into the break a goal up. It could have been 4-0 were it not for the woodwork and some quality goalkeeping from Ilkley. In the second half we took the foot off the gas and Ilkley picked things up. They equalised midway through the half, but we reacted and managed to retake the lead before the final whistle. A 2-1 win, and an encouraging start to the season.

Photos from the U16s match v Ilkley

Playing away at Knaresborough U18s went into half time level at 1-1, both sides having played some good football in the first period. We started well after the break, but as the half went on we began to tire and were unable to cope with Knaresborough's slick passing. The game ended as a 4-1 defeat, but it was a closer contest than the scoreline suggests.

Photos from the U18s match at Knaresborough Celtic

Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th September

The first weekend of the junior football season. Some of our teams were in league action; some others still preparing for the season ahead with friendly fixtures.

U12s first match of the season was a home friendly against Harrogate Railway. Even though it was a friendly both teams showed total commitment and worked hard for each other during the 60 minute encounter. Split into 3 x 20 minutes periods each third was played in good spirt and effort, without any foul play or poor discipline. Two closely matched teams shared the chances and the ball for much of the game with KDR taking the lead before being pinned back. Harrogate scored an unfortunate own goal to make it 2-1 at the first break to KDR. Our boys passed and moved well during the second period, going into the last fifteen minutes of the game 4-2 ahead. However Harrogate never gave up and pulled a goal back in the last few minutes. Sensing an upset Harrogate scored two very late goals to win the game 5-4, with the winner coming with the last kick of the match.

Photos from the U12s match v Harrogate Railway

U15s were in league action at home against Killinghall Nomads. We got off to a good start in terms of overall possession but posed no real threat in front of goal. The tide turned after we conceded a sloppy goal from a corner, followed by a second before half time. In the second half we played some good football but again our shooting wasn't accurate. We missed a couple of one-on-ones with the keeper and Killinghall took full advantage scoring twice more for a 4-0 win.

Photos from the U15s match v Killinghall Nomads