May 20th & 21st 2017

U14s finished the season with a game against Wigton Moor, who needed to win in order to share the league title. We lost two players on the morning of the match, and were forced to play 9 v 11. Our fears of being hammered were not realised, as our 9 players put up a valiant display, nullifying the opposition for most of the game. Final score 3-1 to Wigton Moor.

U13s Blues played U13s Whites in an end of season friendly. Matthew Hill opened the scoring for the Blues, with Quinn Garrity replying for the Whites before half time. Blues had several chances after the break and scored two to take a 3-1 lead, only for the Whites to  respond strongly and find the net from a goalmouth scramble. Final score, and bragging rights, 3-2 to the Blues.

May 13th & 14th 2017

U7s played a friendly at Wetherby Tigers, coming away with 2 wins, a draw and a close defeat. A poor showing from U14s, away at bottom of the table Pannal Sports who had previously won just one game this season. We lost 5-2, and made a weak team look like world beaters.

May 10th 2017

A Wednesday evening trip to Killinghall for the U14s. We played our best football in the last 20 minutes, scoring twice and going close on four more occasions. Unfortunately by that point we were already well behind. Final score 11-2 to Killinghall.

May 6th & 7th 2017

Two U9s teams took part in a gala at Knaresborough. One of our sides did very well but unfortunately did not make it to the semi final. Our other side trounced everyone in their path and didn't concede a goal. In the semi final we played Pannal Sports Lions and were all over them, however Pannal had one attack and scored. A last gasp equaliser was controversially disallowed. The U11s ended their season with a 9 a side friendly against Ilkley. In a very close game the score was level at half time, Ilkley then took the lead early in the second half but we battled hard and got an equaliser. The last 10 minutes was end to end with both teams playing really good football. We scored from a cracking volleyed goal late on, then held on for the win.

U12s Girls entered two teams in a 9 a side competition at Grange Park, also featuring sides from Wiggington and Scarborough. KDR Blue beat both visitors; KDR Red lost to both visiting teams but beat KDR Blue. ​U13s Whites played their final league game away at Beckwithshaw. After a rusty start that saw us take the lead then concede an equaliser we raced into a 6-1 lead before half time.  A closer second half resulted in a final score of 8-3 and a fifth place mid table league finish. U13s Blues played an 11 a side friendly against Ripon. Despite playing well enough to win the game, two goal mouth errors handed Ripon a 2-1 victory.

April 29th & 30th 2017

U9s played their last league match of the season against Lawnswood, winning all 4 games to finish the season with a win in every fixture we played. U14s played in the final of the Barkston Ash Cup, but were well beaten. Despite that, the boys have runners up medals.

April 21st - 23rd 2017

A fabulous all round performance from the U9s away at tough opponents Pannal Ash saw us come away with 3 wins and a draw. U11s played away on the 3G pitch at Lawnswood. The boys struggled with the surface initially, but a solid display gave us the win.

U13s Blues played their last two league games of the season over the weekend. On Saturday we lost 0-3 to third place Pannal, but the score flattered the opposition, with two goals from goalmouth panics and one from a penalty. On Sunday we lost 0-5 to Wigton. We occasionally played some good football going forward, but failed to control the midfield and were unable to score. Friday evening saw the U14s lose 0-7 against league and cup double chasing Beckwithshaw, who have been beaten just twice all season. U18s were beaten 0-3 away at Ilkley. For once we had a full team out but a couple of soft goals, a lack of composure and a number of players feeling under the weather were our downfall.​

April 1st & 2nd 2017

Very tough games for the U9s against Ripon. Despite great weather at Grange Park it didn't help us as we had just one sub whereas Ripon brought a squad of 21 so were much fresher. The lads were exhausted at the end but again delivered the goods, coming away with four very hard fought victories.

A battle of the basement for U16s at Thackley. Playing with only 10 players we went a goal down early on but managed to level before half time. Our missing player arrived in time for the second half, and the team grew in confidence. We dominated thereafter going 3-1 up but a late Thackley penalty ensured a nervous finish. Final score 3-2.

U17s progressed to the knockout stages of the Styan Cup thanks to a hard earned but entertaining 2-1 win against Ilkley Blues at Grange Park. Deighton opened the scoring after only 6 minutes when a through ball from Harry Clinker found Colum Fletcher who shot accurately from the edge of the box into the bottom left hand corner of the box. Shortly afterwards, KDR goalie Rowan Bentley dived bravely at the feet of two Ilkley strikers to preserve the lead. Mid way through the first half, Deighton had a great chance to double their lead but from a perfect cross by Josh Quinn, Colum could only head over.

In the second half, KDR continued to dominate possession but mised a number of great chances and seemed to have paid the price when an Ilkley striker robbed the ball from the feet of the Deighton keeper and scored from a tight angle. However, KDR finally got the goal they deserved when Ilkley handballed from a corner and Sam Monaghan neatly converted the penalty.The Kirby Builders Merchants Man of the Match award went to Tom Megginson for a commanding all round performance with honourable mentions to Tom Pearson and Callum Unsworth.​

Apr 2nd 2017: U17s v Ilkley - Sam Monaghan brings the ball under control

March 25th & 26​​​th​​ 2017

U11s played in a cup round robin competion. The boys played out of their skins in a group with Wigton Moor A, Ilkley A and Ilkley C. Though we only scored a single goal over the 3 matches, we kept a clean sheet throughout which put us second in the group (one win two draws), clinching our progress to the next round.

In preparation for next season Girls U12s Dragons played a 9 a side friendly against Brayton Belles, the second strongest team in the league. Despite losing 2-4 the girls learnt a lot from playing on the bigger pitch. U13s Blues were away at Burley Trojans. Playing a fast and skilful game we went a goal up only to give possession away and concede two soft goals. In the second half we equalised and missed a number of chances. The match ended in a 2-2 draw but it felt like a win. U14s lost 1-6 away against a decent Pannal Sports side.  U18s went down 0-5 away at Pannal, not helped by the fact that we only had 9 players available.​

March 18th & 19​​​th​​ 2017

A happy day for the U12s Dynamos as we clinched the U12b title from under the noses of Lawnswood by beating them 4-1 on their own ground.

U9s played away at Pannal Sports Tigers in atrocious conditions; driving wind and rain, small pitches and goals. The upside was a couple of boys from the U8s stepping up a year and both putting in fabulous performances to win man of the match. On the pitch we came away with a convincing win, two draws and a narrow defeat.

U12s Girls Dragons stretched their unbeaten run in the league to six matches, drawing an entertaining game with Wiggington Grasshoppers 0-0. We missed a few sitters to take the lead but our goalkeeper was player of the match which shows how much of an end to end game it was. That was our last league game so we finish 5th (out of 10). U13s Whites drew the final home game of the season 1-1 against Killinghall in a game dominated by the wind. Both goals came in the first half when we battled against the wind but actually played well and defended bravely. With the wind behind us in the second half it took the boys some time to get used to the conditions. We hit the woodwork twice and missed a sitter but really the wind was the only winner. With one away game left to play a mid table finish beckons.

U14s went to play our nearest neighbours this morning on the wind blown Wetherby Ings. Despite not having won in the league since November we played really well and were 2 - 1 up at half time. The second half saw backs to the wall defending and some good counter attacks, from which we managed toi add an extra goal, to run out 3-1 winners. U16s were also in action on the Ings, beating Wetherby B team 8-0 in a friendly.

March 11th & 12​​​th​​ 2017

U10s played Pannal Ash at home and didn't do too well, losing three and conceding a last minute equaliser to draw the other game. A determined performance from the U11s saw us beat Wigton Moor's A team in a 9-a-side friendly. The boys chased every ball and overcame probably the strongest team they have faced to date.

Girls U12s drew 1-1 away at Tockwith in a very closely contested game of few chances. We took the lead with a really beautiful goal. A move started in our own half with three quick and accurate passes and a fantastic first time finish into the bottom corner. Tockwith's coach said it was the best goal he'd seen all season. Tockwith scrambled an equaliser midway through the second half and a draw was a fair result. U13s Whites recorded a convincing 9-1 won at home against Leyburn. U14s played Ripon at home, starting well to take an early 2-0 lead and going into the break 4-3 up. Unfortunately we couldn't keep going at the same level in the second half and coceded four to lose the game 4-7. A 3-3 away draw at Burley sounds a good result for the U16s ​after being 0-2 down after 20 minutes. We recovered to lead 3-2, only for Burley to level with the last kick of the game. It feels like a defeat.​

March 4th & 5th​​ 2017

U9s match against Beckwithshaw was played in the rain on a muddy pitch. Despite the hard going the boys recorded four wins out of four. U10s played Wetherby Tigers at Grange Park. In a contest between two well matched teams, we drew two and lost two but could easily have won all four games. Lots of well worked goals and some impressive defending. U11s played Otley. The boys moved and passed well when they had the ball, but allowed the opposition too much time and possession, allowing them to avenge their defeat in last year's Cup Final.

Three teams were in Cup action. U12s Girls Dragons crashed crashed out with a 0-6 defeat to Brayton Belles. We lost our regular goalkeeper to injury on Friday evening, so were forced to field a last minute stand-in against a team that had only lost once all season. U14 Girls Kites were shocking in the first half against Wiggington Grasshoppers, conceding nine. A much improved second half performance saw us score three without reply, but it wasn't nearly enough, and we went down 3-9. U14s Boys lost 2-8 at home against Burley Trojans, a team from a lower division. An awful first half saw us 1-3 down at the break, and within five minutes of the start of the second half we had conceded three more.

Both U13s teams recorded good wins this weekend. U13s Whites had the pleasure of a very scenic ride up to sunny Leyburn. The trip was well worth it as we came away with a  7-1 victory. U13s Blues were at home to Wigton Moor, who beat us 7-2 a fortnight ago. A few changes to formation resulted in a more positive performance. Playing their best game so far this season, goals from Matt Hill, Will Cohen & Odhran O'Duchon gave us a 3-0 win. ​

February 25th & 26th​​ 2017

U11s had a good wind assisted win against Ilkley, with two goals going straight in from corners. U15s beat Wetherby 10-0 in a friendly match. U16s lost 0-4 away at Guiseley. Only one down with 10 minutes to go but once the second goal went in the game slipped away from us.​

February 18th & 19th​​ 2017

​​​U9s played against Clifford, our toughest opponents so far this season. After a slow start the boys pulled themselves together and performed well, recording three wins and a narrow defeat. U13s Blues played a cup game against Wigton Moor. They started well and went a goal up in the first fifteen minutes. Then the match started to slip away from us, and despite some good individual performances we lost 2-7. U16s lost 0-3 to Wetherby in a competitive match. All three goals were down to defensive hesitancy.

U17s travelled to Otley for a League Cup fixture on a soggy and bobbly pitch with mud for goalmouths. Otley got off to the more sprightly start with goals in the fourth and tenth minute. Then KDR began to get more composure holding the ever advancing Otley at bay. On the half hour we scored to get back in the game, ending the first half 1-2 down. The second half saw KDR start the brighter of the two teams and push for the equaliser. Sadly it was Otley who scored next, on the break catching our defence off guard with an overhead ball and a powerful and strong runner who was not to be put off.

Despite continuing to press it was Otley who came out on top eventually sending us home on the wrong end of a 1-6 defeat. Otley took advantage of every opportunity they had, KDR didn't. Special mention to Rowan Bentley, in goal, for keeping the score line for Otley as low as it was, Sam Monaghan for tireless effort and scoring KDR's only goal and to Luke Kilby and Toby Giddings for fighting the battle against a dominant attacking force. Now to focus on the Styan Cup.

February 11th & 12th​​ 2017

​​U12s Girls Dragons played a very enjoyable game in the freezing cold rain away at Fulford. We should have been 3 up in the first five minutes but missed three glorious chances. After that it became a very even match and Fulford hit the bar but neither side was able to score before half time. We were much better in the second half but Fulford took the lead on the break. We continued to attack and finally equalised with an own goal from a corner, then pressed for a winner whilst looking vulnerable on the break. Final score 1-1. U14s Girls Kites played away at Goole, having beaten the same team 2-1 in the cup last week 2-1. Despite an excellent game we lost 0-1 this week.

February 4th & 5th​​ 2017

​​U9s Girls Kangaroos played very well in a gala at Harrogate Town's CNG Stadium, winning one game, drawing two and losing one. U9s Boys played their hardest game of the season against Killinghall. It was a good battle and a very physical game. They stuck together and dug in to get a very good return for their efforts, with three wins and a draw. U10s played Ilkley at home in the first round of the cup. We started well and at half time we were ahead in one game and drawing against the strongest Ilkley side in the other. In the second half we lost our shape and committed too many players forward leaving us exposed on the counter, and as a consequence we eventually lost both games. Needing to win the two remaining games to stay in the competition we took the field full of renewed hope and proceeded to lose both.

U12s Boys Dynamos won 3-2 against Boroughbridge to make sure that the title race goes to the final match. We took a 3-0 lead, but then conceded twice to make the scoreline closer than it should have been. U12s Boys Kinetic were comprehensively and deservedly beaten 0-10 by Kirkstall Crusaders. We were missing two key players (including our keeper) against a strong and fast opposition who will probably be promoted next season. U13s Whites went down 0-7 at Pannal Sports Lions. U13s Blues played an 11 a side friendly away at Ripon. All of the boys performed well, including two players making their first starts for the team. We went in two down at half time, but a better second half went 3-1 in our favour.

U14s Girls Kites won a feisty league cup match at home to Goole Town. Jess Flynn scored both goals in a 2-1 win. Our stand in keeper was the player of the match. U14s Boys lost 0-7 at home to Killinghall Nomads. U15s last league match of the season was a bottom of the table clash away at Pool. Despite playing well and being the better team we yet again conceded late on to lose 1-2. U16s performed disappointingly at home against Thackley, who had previously managed to win only a single point this season. A slack start to the game saw us 0-2 down inside five minutes. Good football got us back to 2-2 before Thackley's third shot of the game produced their third goal. Some more good football from the boys made it 3-3 before Thackley's fourth shot of the game saw us go in at half time 3-4 down. We got back into the game again making it 4-4 but a lack of desire to win and fight saw us concede two soft goals in the last 10 minutes, losing 4-6.

January 28th & 29th​​ 2017

U12s Girls Dragons played Scotton Scorchers at Grange Park. Forced to field a stand in goalkeeper due to illness the girls went a goal down down after 3 minutes. We then peppered their goal throughout the game. Their goalkeeper played exceptionally well as did the post which kept out one effort. We continued to press making us more vulnerable to the counter attack and chance after chance went begging. Just when we thought it was going to be another one of those days we finally equalised with about 7 minutes left. 30 seconds later we took the lead after an excellent goal. Our stand in keeper then thwarted a one on one attack right at the end so a 2-1 win that keeps us in 4th place.

A frustrating morning for the U12s Boys Dynamos. In a poor first half we couldn't getting any rhythm going and conceded a goal. A much improved second half saw us score a quick equaliser, but despite plenty of pressure we couldn't get the winner.U13s Whites were at home to North East Leeds. A poor first half saw us up against it and trailing 0-2 at half time. The boys came out of their shells in the second half and Created a host of chances, hit the post, and score two well worked goals, coming away with a deserved point. U13s Blues played  their first game in six weeks at home to Burley, and it showed. A poor first half was followed by a better performance after the break, but we went down 0-2.

Despite leading twice U15s succumbed yet again in the last few minutes and contrived to lose 2-4 to Pannal Sports Predators. Away at Pannal Ash U16s were 1-3 behind at half time. Much better passing in the second half saw us create many chances and score twice to level the game. A draw looked likely, only for us to concede twice in the last ten minute to go down 3-5.

January 21st & 22nd​​ 2017

U9s played away at Harrogate Railway.  It was very hard going on steep, muddy pitches but they did well and thoroughly deserved the results; 3 wins, a draw and not a single goal conceded.  U10s played at home against Ilkley. We started well with a draw and a win but lost the next two games.

U12s Girls went all the way to Scarborough for a 0-0 draw. Despite the lack of goals it was a pretty entertaining game. The girls played well and probably deserved a win. U14s Girls went down to a frustrating 1-3 defeat against Bishopthorpe. In the League U13s Whites won 3-2 for the second week running, this time away at Pool. Following their best performance of the season last week U14s came crashing down to earth with a 1-13 defeat at Harrogate Railway.

A number of our teams were in Cup action this weekend. Due to illness U12s Kinetic were forced to play a central midfield player as a stand-in goalkeeper against Pannal Sports Tigers, a team from a higher division. Despite this, they were excellent in the first half, and were unlucky to go in 1-2 behind at half-time. The second half did not go so well, with us eventually losing 1-5. U12s Dynamos lost 1-2 to Pannal Ash Eagles, and U16s lost a good even game against Pool 1-2.U18s lost 0-3 to Pannal Sports, a frustrating afternoon which saw two disputed goals, two strong penalty shouts turned down, and several great chances spurned.

U17s won a thrilling Cup match against Knaresborough Celtic by the odd goal in nine at Grange Park. Deighton took the lead after only 3 minutes when Jake Swift crossed from the right wing for Tom Megginson to score with a shot from the edge of the penalty area. Knaresborough then scored twice, from a corner and a free kick. KDR brought the scores level in the 30th minute when Tom Pearson was brought down in the box and Luke Kilby scored from the resultant penalty.

In the second half, Deighton took the lead again with two goals in three minutes when firstly Tom Pearson fired a neat shot into the bottom corner of the net and then Jacob Hann scored following good approach play by Kyle Mackinnon and Colum Fletcher. KDR looked to have put the result beyond doubt when Colum controlled the ball well and weaved Bergkamp-like through the Knaresborough defence to make the score 5-2 with only 13 minutes remaining. But to their credit, Knaresborough came roaring back with two late goals to leave Deighton hanging on at the end for the win.

The Kirby Builders Merchants man of the match award went to Luke Kilby for a rock solid display at centre half.

January 14th & 15th​​ 2017

U10s played a friendly away at Clifford Juniors. The first set back was the lack of goals. In an attempt to steal a generator, thieves had damaged the lock on the equipment store, delaying kick-off until an angle grinder arrived. Once the football started we were slow to get going, narrowly losing the first two matches. We then stepped up our game, ​winning both remaining fixtures

After a nervous first five minutes U12s Dynamos dominated and beat Pannal Sports Tigers 7-1, scoring some cracking goals throughout the team. The only downer was conceding in the final minute. The win keeps us three points clear at the top of the league, and makes it nine straight wins. U12s Girls Dragons continued their tough run of fixtures, having now played the top three teams in the l​eague in the last three games. This weekend it was Poppleton Tigers, unbeaten since mid October, and the girls were magnificent once more. They played some really excellent football and absolutely dominated once again. Thankfully the girls got the result their recent performances have deserved and won 1-0. Our keeper only had one save to make all game as from defence to attack they all played exceptionally well. U13s Whites beat Bedale 3-2 at home. A deserved win in a game that could have gone ​either way. U15s squandered a 2-0 lead against Knaresborough, losing 3-4. U18s played away at Guiseley. Despite having only 10 players available and going 1-3 down on a very muddy pitch we came back to win the game 4-3.

U14s and U16s were both in Barkston Ash Junior Cup semi-final action. U14s triumphed 5-1 away at Garforth. After a slow start they performed well as a team, with two goals coming from corners. U16s suffered a disappointing 2-3 defeat to Tadcaster Magnets. Tadcaster scored from both of their shots in the first half to go two up. We pegged it back to 1-2, then missed a penalty, only for Tad go upfield and score from the softest of free kicks. Another goal for us brought the score back to 2-3, but despite several chances thereafter we couldn't save the game.

January 7th & 8th​​ 2017

Girls U12s and U14s both welcomed Stamford Bridge to Grange Park. U12s Dragons were magnificent against the runaway league leaders who have easily won every game this season, and played really well against a very strong team. We were the better side in the first half and scored from a corner, an own goal sliced into the net by an opposition defender. As expected Stamford Bridge stepped up a gear after the break and scored early but we still made a game of it, defending resolutely and hitting them on the break. We should have scored with 10 minutes to go but missed an excellent chance. Then heartbreak two minutes from time, as we failed to clear our lines and they scored a good goal. The girls were shattered by the 1-2 result. U14s Kites also lost, going down 1-3.

As for the boys, the U10s were at home against Beckwithshaw. A contest between two evenly matched teams was reflected in the final results, with us winning one match, losing one and drawing two. U12s Dynamos went three points clear at the top of the league with a tough 2-1 win against Collingham Juniors. A magical burst of two goals in three minutes saw us snatch the points from the hardest opponents we have played this season in the league. U12s Kinetic lost 1-6 to Pannal Ash Kestrels, U13s Whites lost 1-13 at Knaresborough Celtic, U14s lost 0-4 at home to Pannal Sports Lions, and U16s also lost at Knaresborough, 2-4.

U17s were away to Garforth in the last league game of the season (yes and it's only January). The first half was pretty uneventful with both teams a good match for each other, both testing each other out, neither team taking any risks and both sides looking like they were getting back into the swing after a long Christmas break. The second half was a much brighter and more eventful affair. Garforth's keeper touched a Luke Kilby corner into his own net to give us the lead in the 48th minute, shortly followed by Jake Jones slotting in KDR's second in the 50th after a scramble in the six yard box. But Garforth were not done and our being ahead just made Garforth the more determined side, getting one back in the 63rd minute, and the equaliser just before full time. A great game to watch well contested by all. Kirby Builders Merchants Man of the Match went to keeper Rowan Bentley for some sterling work between the sticks and essentially keeping the score to 2-2 in the second half.​

December 17th & 18​​th​​ 2016​

​The last weekend before Christmas, and not much action on the pitch. U8s won 3 out of 4 against Wetherby Tigers. U13s Blues were at home to Ripon City Panthers. Due to illness and absence we were down to nine available players, no subs and no regular goalie. We attacked from the off and had countless shots on goal, hit the woodwork, and then scored from a corner. Ripon replied with two before half time. The second half was much the same but Ripon scored four more against the run of play, and we scored two. A very well fought 3-6 defeat.

U14s Boys lost 1-4 at home against Wetherby. We played OK with the players available but had no subs and lacked numbers in midfield. At 1-3 down we had a great couple of chances but were hit by a counter attack and conceded a fourth goal helped by a huge deflection.

December 10th & 11th​​ 2016​

​U9s started slowly away at Knaresborough, but eventually got going and came away with four comfortable wins. KDR's form team U12s Boys Dynamos recorded their seventh win on the trot, beating Nidd United 4-2, the highlight an amazing goal from our left back. The only downside was that we lost top spot in the division on goal difference after Lawnswood beat Wigton Moor 7-0.

U12s Girls Dragons played second in the table Brayton Belles, a team beaten only once all season. To get into the festive spirit our goalkeeper gifted a goal to them after a couple of minutes. The girls then proceeded to dominate Brayton for the rest of the game, but for the second week running a lack of composure in the opponents' penalty area and a resolute goalkeeper meant we lost again. We must have spent 75% of the game in their half so it was very frustrating. Brayton scored again with the last kick of the match and, as their coach said, were very flattered with the 2-0 score. Aside from a lack of goals the girls played extremely well.

U13s Whites played poorly in the first half against Harrogate Railway at home, going in seven goals down at the break. A much improved second half performance saw us score a couple but concede four more. Final score 2-11. U14s Boys suffered a 1-5 defeat against unbeaten Wigton Moor at Roundhay Park​​. Playing uphill and into the wind we were a goal down before a hotly disputed penalty doubled Wigton's lead. We scored early in the second half but were undone by a couple of errors and an outstanding performance by the opposition goalkeeper. The four goal margin of defeat didn't reflect how much better the performance was compared to last week.  U14s Girls Kites played quality football against Goole Town Tigers, but went down to two fortunate goals. U15s were away at unbeaten Pannal Ash, and despite playing really well were unfortunate to lose 0-4. A dismal defeat for the U16s away at Wetherby: a poor performance, a number of errors and soft penalties conceded saw us lose 0-9. Definitely a game to forget.

An unusually mild day at Grange Park saw the U17s host Ilkley. After a brisk start KDR were 1-0 up in the 12th minute after a well defended corner was crossed back in by Jake Swift to be slotted home by Luke Kilby. Ilkey rallied and got their equaliser in the 18th minute. Although KDR dominated the first half hitting both the crossbar and the post they were to end it 1-2 down after a defensive deflection caused an own goal. In the 2nd half "more of the same boys" came the call from the sidelines and minute 55 saw Sam Monaghan grab the equaliser. Now the Deighton boys had their tails up and were finally rewarded in the 78th and then the 83rd minutes with a brace from Jake Swift. And so it ended KDR 4 Ilkey 2. The Kirby Builders Merchants Man of the Match award went to Callum Unsworth, so close to getting this for the last 4 matches, but this week for playing out of position at left back then in the 2nd half right back and then also right midfield.​

December 3rd & 4th​​ 2016​

U10s played at home against New Park Bulldogs, recording four comprehensive wins out of four. U11s played away against Otley. It was a hard match with some good football from both sides. We were pushed hard by the opposition in the second half, but we managed to score a couple of goals and keep a clean sheet.

U12s Girls Dragons lost 2-3 at bottom club York RI. We lost our goalkeeper to illness on the morning but our stand in keeper did well. We missed chance after chance to score, and then York RI scored two screamers (one a deflection) and very quickly we were 1-3 down. The girls kept working hard and attacking but lacked composure in front of goal. We pulled one back in the last minute but we were ultimately undone by a failure to convert our many chances. U12s Boys Dynamo recorded their sixth win on the trot, beating​ Killinghall Nomads 5-1 to move to the top of the league. U12s Boys Kinetic played a high scoring Knaresborough Celtic side at home. Against the run of play we went in 0-2 down at half time (one of which was a disputed penalty), then conceded three more in the last ten minutes of the match. Great counter attacking football by both sides, and everyone was shattered at the end.

U13s Blues played high flying Pannal Sports at Grange Park. We changed to an attacking formation this week and took them by surprise, going a goal up just before half time, only to concede an equiliser 30 seconds later.  The second half was much the same but we started to tire and conceded 3 goals against the run of play. U14s Girls Kites played away at Scarborough Ladies with only 7 players against 8. The 2-2 draw was our best performance of the season; we only lost two points with the last kick of the game. U14s Boys lost 1-6 at home to Harrogate Railway. We started badly and were 4 down in about 15 minutes, and this proved too big a deficit to overturn. U15s played away at Wigton Moor in a game where victory would have probably guaranteed our place in the top division; despite playing well we lost 0-2. U16s lost 2-3 to Ripon in a competitive game which could have gone either way. U18s lost 2-7 at home to Ilkley. We started with only 10 men and lost another at half time, whilst another had been sick all morning.

November 26th & 27th​​ 2016​

U9s played an unbeaten Wigton Moor side at home. Despite being without any of our regular defenders the boys played brilliantly; they all worked for each other and everyone took turns to defend. We passed the ball really well and ended up with 4 wins out of 4. ​U10s played away at Clifford and gave a good account of themselves. We won and drew the opening two games. Going forward we always looked dangerous and had our final ball been a little better we could have scored more goals than we did. Disappointingly, we lost the following two games, but only by a single goal margin each time. U11s were at home to New Park Bulldogs. They played a solid game of football and came away with a well deserved victory.

U12s Kinetic played away at second in the table Wetherby Tigers without two of our main defenders. Going in 0-2 down at half time, we pulled it back to come away with a 2-2 draw. U13s Whites lost 0-4 at home to league leaders Knaresborough Celtic. Put in context we lost the same fixture last season 1-10, so a big improvement. U13s Blues played away to New Park Bulldogs. Last time we met we lost 0-5. We were a little asleep in the first half and down 0-3 at half time. All fired up after the break we got some good chances and shots on goal and made a fight of it. Neither side was on target during the second half; the game ended in a 0-3 defeat. U14s Girls Kites played against Rawcliffe at home. The visitors were better in the first half, scoring twice without reply. In the second half our girls were much improved and got one back. Final score a 1-2 defeat. Two of our sides were involved in a bottom of table clash. U14s Boys beat Pannal Sports 2-0 at home. Also at Grange Park U15s played a great game to beat Pool 4-2, as many goals as we've scored all season.

U17s were away at Pannal Sports this weekend. Pannal were sharper from the start which saw them 2-0 up in the first 25 mins. Then the Deighton boys woke up and showed they were not for giving up. From an assist by Sam Monaghan's tireless efforts, James O'Sullivan pushed the ball across the line from close range, 2-1. In the second half Deighton started much sharper and had Pannal on the ropes but got out paced on a Pannal break, 3-1. In response James O'Sullivan finished from close range to make it 3-2.  But once again Pannal pushed ahead to 4-2 within 40 seconds of the restart. In the 44th minute Sam Monaghan was clumsily closed down in the penalty area. James O'Sullivan took the spot kick to bring the score back to 4-3, and that was how it finished. Credit to James for his hat-trick, and great work from Rowan Bentley in goal including a Penalty save and many other saves to keep the score line respectable.  But the Kirby Builders Merchants Man of the Match this week went to Tom Megginson for a great midfield performance.​

November 19th & 20th​​ 2016

U11s played Pool, whom we have already beaten twice this season. Pool started the game strongly and scored a storming free kick to lead at half time. Our boys come out in the second half and fought for every ball and ran every inch of the pitch. This paid dividends with a flurry of goals and a handsome KDR win​.

U12s Girls Dragons won 3-0 away at Wiggington Grasshoppers. It was a really good team performance against tough opponents. It was 0-0 at half time and the girls gave themselves a half time talking to about passing and moving better. They then proceeded to demonstrate said skills and scored three excellent team goals to record their first away win of the season. Another hat trick as well, so we have three girls now who have completed hat tricks so far this season. U13s Blues played their best game of the season so far at home to Guiseley Juniors Whites, who beat us 5-2 last time. Not so this time. Against the run of play they scored twice but we got one back just before half time. A relentless attacking performance in the second half saw us get the equiliser, the game finishing 2-2, but on the balance of play we deserved to win.

U17s hosted Bedale on a blustery Sunday morning at Grange Park. Prior to the game Bedale boasted a 100% record in the league. The first half was largely played in midfield with only a couple of shots on target at each end but sadly Bedale took advantage of theirs and broke the stalemate in the 23rd minute, 0-1. That's how the first half ended. Half time chat was keep doing what you're doing KDR, keep pressing. The pressing let Bedale break through again on a counter attack, 0-2 in the 55th minute. Nothing to lose boys, press on, and so they did. In the 70th minute from a corner Tom Megginson sees it home and he did again from a further corner in the 8oth to make it 2-2. Sadly, although the KDR boys dominated the entire 2nd half that was how it was to finish. Happy to take a point from the league leaders. Special mentions today for Sam Monaghan's tireless efforts and James O'Sullivan for his grafting on the wing and centre forward positions. Well done to Megg for his brace, however the Kirby Builders Merchants Man of the Match went to keeper Rowan Bentley for some great shot stopping, keeping us in the game and giving the defence the confidence to push forward.​​​

November 12th & 13th​​ 2016​

Congratulations to the U11s​​, victorious in the Cup Final against Otley.​​ ​A good match, with ​positive football and some great goals.

Elsewhere U9s played way against Beckwithshaw on the 3G pitch at Rossett, winning all 4 games. We started off slowly but then came into the game. We genuinely played as a team today, the defence working brilliantly together.  The boys did so well in one match we could have left our goalie at home. They are really starting to gel now and couldn't have been more pleased with them.

After a difficult match last weekend U12s Kinetic played positive football at home against Ilkley Juniors. We deserved at least a point, and would have got three but for their fantastic keeper. Despite losing 3-4 the team performance was very satisfying. It is wonderful to see players who used to be quite weak working hard and becoming confident and determined in their position. KDR's form team U12s Dynamo faced a physical Nidd United side. We had no subs available and two players carrying injuries, but thanks to sheer persistence and a little bit of luck we got over the finishing line 3-2, to make it five straight wins.

U12s ​Girls Dragons recorded their first victory since September with a hard fought 1-0 win over Tockwith. The girls were very disciplined in a game of few chances. They had the upper hand for most of the game and the decisive goal came midway through the second half. They then defended superbly but needed a fantastic reaction save from our goalkeeper in injury time to claim a deserved win. Their team spirit was excellent which bodes well for the rest of the season.​ U14s Girls Kites played well away at York Railway Institute. Our stand in keeper was great but we lost 0-10 to a strong team.

U13s Whites were away to a very strong Harrogate Railway side, conceding five goals before half time. We scored 3 in the second half, but let in 5 more, final result 3-10. ​U16s got back to winning ways with a 1-0 win away at Wigton Moor. It was a solid performance over 80 mins, and the result was never in doubt. U18s ​d​rew 2-2 with Nidd, having beaten them 6-2 earlier in the season. A slow start saw us concede a goal ​​​after 5 minutes, levelling before half time. We desevedly went ahead after the break, ​only to concede the equiliser with 5 minutes to go.​

U17s were away at Ilkley. After only 4 minutes the KDR defence were caught napping to go 1-0 down and then to add salt to that wound a wicked deflection in the 10th minute went beyond the Deighton keeper's reach, so 2-0. Half an hour of the two teams cancelling each other out was broken in the 44th minute when from a Luke Kilby corner, Sam Monaghan hammered home the loose ball in the 6 yard box to make the half time score 2-1. The second half was an altogether different affair as KDR changed up a gear and with an equaliser in minute 57 by Sam Monaghan from the edge of the area, Deighton began to dominate. Further goals came - in the 72nd minute from James O'Sullivan after a perfect cross from Callum Unsworth, in the 76th minute by Josh Quinn from 20 yards, in the 78th another from James and to finish the game off, a final goal two minutes from time for Colum Fletcher. The Kirby Builders Merchants Man of the Match award went to Kyle Mackinnon for his best performance of the season.

November 5th & 6th​​ 2016

Three of our sides were in action in the second round of the County Cup this weekend. U12s Kinetic were dazzled by the brilliant passing of Churwell Lions, being soundly beaten 1-15. The U14s went down 1-7 to White Rose All Stars. TheU18s lost 4-11 to a very strong Pontefract Collieries U19s team. Very much a game of two halves – after going in 1-8 down at the break the boys improved greatly in the second half, missing a penalty and having two cleared off the line.

In the league U12s Dynamos had a tough game against a very physical Killinghall Nomads side, but managed to come away with a 3-1 win, their fourth consecutive victory. U12s Girls Dragons drew 3-3 away at Scotton Scorchers; a good result considering that four regular starters were missing from the side. Both U13s sides lost by one goal, but came away with complimentary comments from the opposition coaches. U13s Whites played a strong Pannal Sports team and were edged out by the odd goal, losing 4-5. Battling back from 1-3 down we went ahead 4-3 only to concede two goals late on. A draw would have been a fair result. Last season we were thrashed twice (conceding double figures both times) by the same team and their manager today commented how far our boys had progressed. U13s Blues lost 2-3 away to Ripon.  A very good performance against a team that beat us 6-1 last time in a friendly. We were first to score, but they came back and scored twice before half time. We played better in the second half. Ripon scored again, but a minute later we pulled one back to make it 2-3. Despite fighting on and many shots on goal the equiliaser just wouldn't come. A great compliment from the Ripon manager, who remarked that he could see we'd come on a great deal since the last encounter.

U17s hosted Garforth Rangers and were rewarded with an early goal in the 8th minute from Colum Fletcher. The game then ebbed and flowed with both teams a match for each other. Garforth got one back but then KDR's second came from James O'Sullivan after a goal line scramble. However Garforth were quick to respond and again equalised. Deightons third goal came from a 30 yard free kick by Luke Kilby followed by a fourth from Jake Swift to make the final score KDR 4 Garforth 2. Kirby Builders Merchant Man of the Match went award to Miles Lowson for his great performance at left back with a special mention to Goalie Rowan Bentley for some cracking saves to keep Garforth's tally to a brace.​​

October 29th & 30th​​ 2016

A good win for the U11s against Lawnswood in the last group match in the Cup. The victory means that we top the group unbeaten and progress to the Final.​

Both of the Boys U12s teams recorded a win this weekend. U12s Kinetic were at home to Beckwithshaw. Everyone contributed and played well in a 5-1 win. It was a difficult match for the U12s Dynamos away at Wigton Moor on a pitch that prevented passing football of any kind. We got our noses in front before half-time, but it took a "save of the season" from our keeper to finally break Wigton's spirit. After that an error from their keeper gave the scoreline a wee bit of gloss at 2-0. The positive was the way the lads battled as a team throughout the hour. U13s Blues lost 0-7 away at Lawnswood. Against the unbeaten league leaders we put up a good first half fight, going in 0-2 down at half time. We conceded two quick goals in the second half but still we fought back, but failed to score. Three more goals and it was over. The result does not represent how well  they all fought. U15s played a tough match against a very good Pannal Sports Predators, going down 0-4. ​U16s and U18s were both in action against Guiseley. U16s went down 2-4 without a whimper. U18s won 5-0 at home, playing some lovely football at times we played some lovely football and unlucky not to have scored more. ​

​U17s were up against a Nidd team who had only 9 players but it was to be no walkover. Nidd were well organised and played a strong defensive set up which was very difficult to break down. Crowding the penalty area whenever KDR got near to frustate our boys time and time again. Half time came and went with the scoreline stubbornly fixed at 0-0.

Not until 30 mins into the second half did KDR break through - following a bit of trickery on the ball from Josh Quinn a back heel to Jacob Hann whose shot pinged off both posts before it crossed the goal line. KDR ahead at last, and that was how it was to finish. Nidd 0 KDR 1.

The Kirby Builders Merchants Man of the Match award went to Tom Pearson for his composure and control in the midfield.

October 22nd & 23rd​​ 2016

Girls U12s Dragons lost 1-3 to Poppleton Tigers who are below us in the league. Poppleton only had 6 players whereas we had a squad of 9. A poor first half saw us go in three goals down at the break. We played much better in the second half but were unable to overcome the deficit. U13s Blues lost 4-7 away to Leeds Maccabi. A positive start saw us take an early two goal lead, before being pegged back to a 3-2 advantage at half time. Both sides went on the offensive in the second half, and we lost our shape at the back, conceding five and managing to score just one goal in reply.

Only 10 players were available for U16s game against a strong Pannal Ash side, and an injury soon saw us go down to 9. The boys never gave up all match, and tried to play football when in possession. Going in 0-4 down at half time was no disgrace. In the second half we tried to give as good as we got and a tremendous spirited effort saw us score 3 but concede 5. To score 3 goals with only 9 men was a credit to the boys' tenacity and determination.

U17s lost 0-2 against Pannal Sports Predators. Pannal took the lead after only 3 minutes and overall had the majority of possession in the first half - although Deighton threatened on the break with Jake Swift going close to equalising on several occasions. The second half was more even and KDR were unlucky not to score with a shot from distance by Luke Kilby that came back off the post. However, Pannal wrapped up the 3 points when a long range shot took a bounce in front of the Deighton keeper and into the net.

The KDR 'Kirby Builders Merchants' Man of the Match was Miles Lowson for a flawless performance at left back.​

October 15th & 16th​​ 2016

U9s played a local derby away at Wetherby Tigers.  We played very well and were the better side on a very wet pitch in a very physical contest, winning all 4 matches​. U10s were in action on both days over the weekend. On Saturday away at Clifford they came away with a win, two draws, and a defeat. A few regular players were missing so it was great to see some others step up and put in a performance. Sunday's friendly at home to Wigton Moor today was played in poor conditions, and we lost all four matches.

U12s Girls Dragons absolutely battered Scarborough Ladies but only came away with a 3-3 draw. The girls played very well and should have been out of sight after 10 minutes. A goalkeeping error meant we went in at half time only 2-1 ahead. The second half was closer but when we went 3-1 up we should have been home and dry. Then with 10 minutes to go we switched off at a corner and another defensive error two minutes later undid all the hard work.  A much improved display from the previous match though. U12s Boys Kinetic gave Wetherby Tigers a run for their money, leading 2-1 at one point but ultimately going down 2-4. U12s Boys​ Dynamos won 6-2 away at Collingham Juniors. U13s Whites won 2-1 at Bedale in a fantastic team performance, including a late penalty save. U13s Blues played Beckwithshaw Saints Whites at Grange Park. The rain didn't put a dampener on our game, an attacking display saw us win 12-1. The goal we conceded came from a penalty.

U15s played well for a 3-3 draw ​away at Pannal Sports. After the debacle of last week U16s rose to the occasion to beat a very good Wetherby team (who have not lost to a HDJFL team for over 2 years) 2-1 away in the Barkston Ash C​up. Despite it being all Wetherby throughout the game, we took a 2-0 lead after 15 minutes with classic counter attacking. Heroic/kamikaze defending kept Wetherby out until 5 mins from time.  A courageous team effort. U17s lost by the odd goal in seven at Knaresborough Celtic. Knaresborough were the better team in the first half and it took two stunning long range goals from Deighton captain Luke KIlby to keep the scores level at 2-2 at half time. But KDR played much better after the break and got their reward when Sam Monaghan shot low into the far corner of the net. Deighton looked comfortable to see out the game until conceding two injury time goals to gift Knaresborough the win. KDR's 'Kirby Builders Merchants' Man of the Match was Luke Kilby.

October 8th & 9th​​ 2016

​U11s played against Pool in the Cup, a team whom we had previously beaten convincingly in the league. After a very rocky start the boys picked up the pace and played some really good football resulting in a KDR victory. This was followed by a friendly match against the same opponents. A great team effort saw us bring home a second win.

Performance of the day was U12s Boys Dynamos 12-1 win over Boroughbridge. Two players scored 4 goals each whilst two more got a brace apiece. U13s Whites cruised to their first win of the season, beating Beckwithshaw 6-1. All of our goals came in the first half and the boys took the foot off the gas in the second. U13s Blues were away to Guiseley.  A poor start from the defence saw us 0-4 down. We got one back before half time, and after changing to a more attacking formation in the second half we pressed forward, pulled a goal back, and could have drawn level. Guiseley then got another goal from a failed clearance, but we didn't stop fighting until the final whistle. Man of the match Arthur Watson. Final score 2-5.

Three of our teams were in action against Ripon City Panthers. U14s best first half of the season so far saw us go in 3-0 up at the interval. However within five minutes of the restart we conceded twice, spent most of the second half defending but scored on the break and held out to win 4-3. U16s managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory losing 4-5 after being 3-1 up. Ill -discipline was the main culprit closely followed by a poor defensive display for much of the seco​nd half. U18s were 2-0 up and cruising with 10 minutes to go and managed to draw 3-3, mainly through a lack of discipline, and conceding a goal from the half way line from the restart after we went 3-1 up.​

October 1st & 2nd 2016

U9s played at home against a good Pannal Ash side, winning 3 games and losing the fourth. U10s were drawn at home in the Cup against Ripon City Panthers. 3 draws, all of which could have gone either way, and one defeat means no further progress in the competition. U11s hosted Otley and New Park Bulldogs in the Cup, coming away with two good wins. The boys played some good football against teams who were stronger than those they have faced so far this season.

Girls U12s Dragons lost 0-3 away to Stamford Bridge, the standout team in the league. After conceding twice in quick succession the performance improved; the girls kept going and hit the post twice, but all in all the result was a fair reflection of the game. It was another frustrating game for the Boys U12s Dynamos. They matched Beckwithshaw Blues all the way, outplayed them in the second half but just couldn't score. The opposition took their few chances and won the game 3-0. U13 Whites performance was the worst of the season so far. Despite taking a 1-0 lead against Pool Panthers they then conceded five goals. U13 Blues played New Park Bulldogs, one of the top teams in the division. Despite some great individual performances and shots on goal they were unable to get the ball past a very tall goal keeper and lost 0-5. Man of the match went to Aiden in goal.

U14s lost 2-3 away at Harrogate Railway. A close game that probably should have been a draw but after having easily beaten the same team two weeks ago they changed their tactics and man marked our better players. U15s played brilliantly to lead Knaresborough 2-0 but eventually lost 2-3.  Despite losing it was a brilliant performance against one of the top teams in the league. U16s lost 2-4 at Horsforth St Margarets. It was the worst performance of the season; we didn't create a single chance, our goals coming from a free kick and a poor back pass. U18s beat Nidd 6-2, playing some good football in the process.

A hat trick from Sam Monaghan gave the U17s a deserved win against Nidd Utd with a final score of 4-2. Nidd opened the scoring after only 11 minutes but Deighton equalised almost immediately when a through ball from Sam found Jake Swift who finished superbly into the far bottom corner of the goal. KDR took the lead when a high ball from Jake Jones into the Nidd penalty area caused chaos and Sam pounced to score. Just before half time, Sam scored again from a free kick which flew perfectly into the top corner of the net.

In the second half, Deighton increased their lead when a free kick from Luke Kilby was punched out by the Nidd keeper but only to Jacob Hann who deflected the ball to Sam to score his hat trick. Nidd scored the final goal when a low free kick into the KDR penalty area was neatly converted to leave a final score of 4-2. Deighton's man of the match was Callum Unsworth.​

September 24th & 25​​th 2016

​The Girls' teams were both in action at Grange Park on Saturday. U12s Dragons drew 1-1 against Fulford. We didn't play particularly well in the first half then gave a sloppy goal away at the start of the second. We then upped our game and had numerous near misses. To their enormous credit the girls kept going and when the equaliser finally came in the last minute it felt like a win.  U14s Kites won their match against Wiggington Grasshoppers 3-0. They played excellently throughout and could have scored more. Our keeper made some superb saves too but the 3-0 win was a fair reflection of the game.

U8s remain unbeaten this season due to great performances from both teams on Saturday against Knaresborough Celtic, winning 4 games out of 4. U10s played away at Ripon City Panthers, coming away with a win, a draw and two defeats. Both defeats could have gone either way and if it wasn't for some great Ripon goalkeeping we would have had 3 wins. U11s were at home against Lawnswood, playing 9 a side for the first time. The boys adapted very well to the new format, moving the ball around the pitch brilliantly. This lead to loads of goals for us as the opposition was constantly pulled out of position.

Boys U12s Kinetic were much improved from the previous week. Playing away at Knaresborough, they were the better team throughout the first half, the back three playing offside superbly and the forwards creating plenty of chances up front. Unfortunately we lost our centre back and striker to injuries just after half time and it took away the spine of the team, resulting in a 1-2 defeat. U12s Dynamos had a completely frustrating afternoon, losing 1-4 against Lawnswood in a match where we had 80% of the play and a hatful of shots on goal.

U13s Whites played away in Roundhay against North East Leeds, a team new to the league this season. There was little to choose between the two teams; we played solidly in defence with four at the back, although could do little about a soft penalty and an error which led to two goals for the opposition. The highlights for us were a 35 yard half volley from Jake Parkin to bring the score back to 2-2 and a Man of the Match performance from goalkeeper Jake Levine, who commanded his area really well. Going in 2-3 down at the break, neither side added to their scores in the second half. U13 Blues lost away to Lawnswood. Having gone two goals behind early on we battled back to 1-2, only to concede a late goal, the game finishing 1-3.

U14s played away at Beckwithshaw, last season's Division 1 champions and unbeaten in all games since last October. The 3-10 defeat didn't come as a surprise. There was a good 5-1 win for the U16s against Knaresborough Celtic, who are always difficult opponents. It was pleasing to see some different names get on the score sheet. U18s beat Pannal Sports 5-3. Both teams started with only 10 men, but we were soon down to 9 when our striker limped off. ​

September 17th & 18​th 2016

U12s Girls traveled to Selby to play a strong Brayton Belles team, who were last years League Cup finalists. The girls recovered well from the loss of an early goal and in a cracking end to end match equalised, hit the post and were kept out by some fine saves in a breathless first hal​​f. KDR were the better team in the second half but nothing quite fell our way in front of goal and Brayton scored on the break with about 7 minutes left. Our girls then threw everything at them in the last few minutes but with our entire team in their half pressing for an equaliser conceded another in injury time to lose 3-​​1. ​

In non-league action ​the U9s won four out of four against Pannal Sports Lions at Grange Park. The U11s ​played some great football away at Pool, showing good passing and movement to win both ​games.

Two of the boys' teams were up for the cup this weekend. ​​​U12s Dynamos lost ​2-9 at Collingham in the BML Sports Junior Cup. A better result for the U14s​ against Harrogate Railway in the Deighton Shield. Two goals up after 5 minutes, ​​the boys went in at half time leading 3-1, thanks in no small part ​​to ​Harrogate failing to convert their many chances, including a missed penalty. ​​​We were more in control in the second half, ​​eventually winning a very open game 6-2.

U13s Blues first League game at home to Leeds Maccabi was also the first match to be played on the new 9 a side pitch​. A great team effort resulted in a 4-1 victory, with two goals from Billy Furbank​, one from Matthew Kilburn and one from man of the match Harrison Buck.​ Two teams made the journey to Ilkley, but both came away empty-handed. U12s Kinetic ​​went down 1-7. U16s were lethargic in the first half, going in 1-3 down at the break. The boys got back into the match in the second half, and despite missing several chances levelled the scores from a free kick and a penalty before a crucial loss of possession resulted in an Ilkley winner.​

U15s recovered from last week's defeat to win a tight match against Wigton Moor Athletic at Grange Park. A single goal from the penalty spot gave us a 1-0 win.​ U18s lost 1-3 against a strong Wetherby side. A very good performance as we were missing key players and had no subs. At 1-2 their keeper pulled off a fantastic save to stop us levelling and we conceded a late soft goal chasing the game.​​

September 10th & 11th 2016

​The new season kicked off on Saturday 10th September, with matches for the Girls U12s and U14s teams at Grange Park.U12s Girls performed magnificently to beat York RI 9-0, with five different players on the scoresheet.​ The U14s Girls have moved up to 9 a side this season. ​The combination of the new format, some new players, and a few missing players​ contributed to a 0-5 defeat against Skelton, ​who made the long trek all the way from Teeside.​ The scoreline flattered the opposition a little, as KDR ​had a lot of chances but failed to find the back of the net.

Sunday saw the boys teams entering the fray. In the younger age groups U8s started with a resounding win over Beckwithshaw Whites. They won all four matches, keeping three clean sheets in the process​.​ U10s drew 2 and lost 2 matches at home to Pannal Sports. The scores didn't reflect how well the boys played, and if not for some poor marking and simple mistakes could have come away with a couple of wins.

U12s have moved up from 7 to 9 a side football this season, and also split into two teams. U12s Dynamos won their opening league match 4-0 against Wigton Moor to go top of the table.​ Despite being the better side, and having lots of chances, ​U12s Kinetic went down 0-2 to Pannal Sports Raptors​. ​U13s are also putting out two teams this season. ​U13s White played their first league game of the campaign​ away at Killinghall Nomads. Overall it was an evenly matched game​. KDR had a hatful of chances but couldn't find the back of the net. Killinghall​, on the other hand, took their chances, consigning us to a 0-3 defeat.​ The first game for the new U13s Blueteam was a friendly against an established Ripon side. The 1-6 defeat does not reflect how well the boys performed in the first outing as a team. The U14s and U15s both succumbed to heavy defeats. U14s lost 1-6 at home to Harrogate Railway​. In their first match back in the top flight U15s ​took the lead against Beckwithshaw Saints Rhinos, but went down 1-7. U16s started the season with a well deserved victory against newly promoted Burley Trojans. After going in ​​ goalless at the break, the boys passed the ball much better and quicker in the second half, winning 4-1 to go top of the league.

U17s started their season with a 1-1 draw against Knaresborough Celtic Hoops at Grange Park. Knaresborough opened the scoring after only 10 minutes when a well floated cross from the right wing was headed home. KDR fought back and were twice unlucky not to score when a curling corner kick by Jake Swift was tipped over the crossbar by the Knaresborough keeper. Shortly afterwards a perfectly flighted free kick by Luke Kilby found Rowan Bentley who was unlucky to see his header fly off target. At the end of the first half time, KDR pressed again and a shot from Jacob Hann was blocked on the goal line.

The second half was even with chances for both sides until 10 minutes from time, when a through ball from James O'Sullivan found Colum Fletcher who skipped past the keeper to equalise for KDR. Deighton's Man of the Match went to Luke Kilby for a solid performance at centre half.