Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th February

Storm Erik brought strong winds to the region on Saturday, resulting in the postponement of most of our matches. U13s Girls managed to beat the weather drawing 2-2 away at Clifford. Thankfully Sunday was a much calmer and brighter day. U9s struggled to play their usual fluent football on a muddy pitch against Pannal Ash Blues, drawing 2 and losing 2 games. U12s took the lead after just 45 seconds against Pannal Sports, extending the lead to 3-0 at half time. The second half continued in the same vein, good teamwork and plenty of possession helping us to a 5-0 win. Olly Kilby deservedly won the Man of the Match award, having scored all five goals. The result maintains our unbeaten position at the top of the league with just two games left to play. U13s were away at Ripon, and complemented a beautiful day with some beautiful football. Having lost their last game 8-1 the boys responded positively, playing nice passing football, getting in plenty of shots and not allowing Ripon to settle. The final score was a 2-0 win.

Despite missing a few key players U14s worked hard away at North East Leeds to come home with a 4-4 draw. U15s had never before lost against Lawnswood and went into the game on the back of a nine match unbeaten run, knowing that a win would take them back to the top of the table. On the day they produced their poorest performance of the season to date, going down 7-3. U17s played a friendly at home against Tadcaster. Starting with just 11 available players our striker limped off after 10 minutes, then after 35 minutes we lost a centre back. Fortunately we were 2-0 up at that point. Tadcaster took a man off to make it 9 v 10, then in the second half the injured centre back went in goal and our goalie went up front to make the teams 10 v 11. We conceded twice but held on for a creditable 2-2 draw.

Action from the U15s match v Lawnswood. More pictures can be viewed here

Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd February

Winter passed through Yorkshire this weekend, resulting in the postponement of all matches.

Sunday 27th January

U8s played at a perishingly cold Pannal Ash Reds. Overall the boys did really well, recording one convincing win, a second win with a last kick of the game penalty, a draw, and a single defeat. U10s were by far the better team away at Beckwithshaw, playing some great passing football but struggling to finish. Both teams won one game convincingly but then made hard work in getting a draw in the other game. U11s played away at Killinghall on a very muddy pitch. We fell to our biggest ever defeat in one game, then won two games and drew one.

Under 8s wearing their new tops, kindly supplied by The Cutting Rooms, Wetherby

U12s played away in the league at Wetherby Tigers. It took some time to get going as Wetherby were strong at the back and quick on the break. However, our superior possession eventually told and we broke the deadlock, followed by two more goals before half time. The second half followed a similar trend with lots of possession and many missed opportunities. We scored twice more before Wetherby pulled a couple back, one of which was a very contentious penalty. Final score 5-2 to KDR. U14s were drawing 0-0 at half time at Ilkley having played into a gale in the first half. The second half was a completely different affair; six different players got on the scoresheet as we scored 7 without reply. U15s lost at Burley earlier in the season but it was a completely different outcome this time. We ran out 5-1 winners, extending our unbeaten run to 9 games in league and cup. U16s played away at Ilkley and lost 6-1 . We had only 11 players available, and despite having the better of the first three quarters of the game our sloppy finishing let us down. The boys visibly tired in the strong wind but the most pleasing thing was that we kept going and scored the last goal.

Action from the U15s match v Burley. More pictures can be viewed here

Saturday 26th January

U14s Girls hosted last season's runaway champions Brighouse Juniors. They easily beat us in the reverse fixture earlier this season, as they are a very big, powerful & aggressive side. The girls rose to the challenge though. Our defence were magnificent keeping their shape really well. Midfield were tenacious and our attackers dropped back to hustle as we didn’t let Brighouse settle. We also broke quickly and took the game to our opponents. In a game of few (perhaps no) chances - certainly neither keeper had a difficult save to make - defences were on top so we emerged with a hard fought and very creditable 0-0 draw. The result keeps us in second place, two points behind Brighouse. U15s were in action against Oulton, a clash between the 4th and 5th placed teams in the division. From the whistle it was a competitive game. Oulton took the lead after 8 mins, we then missed a penalty, and Oulton doubled their lead 10 minutes before half time. The second half was much of the same, we got one back with 10 minutes to go, then in the last two minutes we missed another penalty. Final score 2-1 to Oulton.

Sunday 20th January

U7s suffered a rare off day, not playing with their usual zip, and conceding possession to give the opposition a couple of breakaway goals. Away at Knaresborough U9s made the most of the excellent pitches at Thistle Hill, playing some lovely passing football to come away with two good wins, a draw and a narrow defeat.

League Cup action for a number of our teams today. U12s faced Boroughbridge for the third game running. We started slowly and struggled to break them down early on. Boroughbridge's keeper was in fine form stopping three one-on-ones and tipping a couple of goalbound efforts round the post. We eventually broke the deadlock and scored a second soon after taking us in 2-0 up at half time. A sluggish start to the second half but we upped our work rate and scored two more, with Boroughbridge grabbing a late consolation goal. U14s also played against Boroughbridge and almost replicated the same scoreline, this game finishing 4-2 to us. U15s match with Leeds Maccabi was a classic cup tie. We took the lead early on, but conceded an equaliser during the second half. No further goals in extra time, so it went to penalties, with Jake Levine saving Maccabi's final penalty to give us a 3-2 win in the shootout.

Action from the U15s match v Leeds Maccabi. More pictures can be viewed here

Saturday 19th January

U13s Girls faced Ilkley in the League Cup. Previous encounters suggested a close contest but the girls had a great game and ran out 4-0 winners. U14s Girls were back in league action for the first time since November, hosting Farsley Celtic. Farsley started the game very strongly, taking an early lead. We quickly equalised but were on the back foot and it was no surprise when Farsley went 2-1 up. Slowly we began to get into the game but missed chance after chance. Then just before half time one of their defenders scored an own goal to take us into the break level at 2-2. The second half was one way traffic as we dominated and scored a couple of excellent goals, followed by a penalty and finally a poacher's goal to give us a 6-2 win. U16s twice came from behind to draw at home against Wetherby. From 2-0 down we pulled it back to 2-2, then conceded two more only to get back to 4-4.

Sunday 13th January

U7s played a friendly match away at Collingham. A strong start to the game saw us race into a healthy lead, despite being without our main striker. We changed our formation for the last quarter of the game, allowing Collingham back into the match, but we scored again to hold on for the win. U8s and U10s were both in action against teams from Pannal. U8s won two, drew one and lost one against Pannal Sports Lions. In contrast U10s were still suffering from post-festive lethargy, and lost all four games against Pannal Ash Blues.

U12s won 7-0 away at Boroughbridge to stay top of the league. No New Year rustiness for these boys, with great team work, some individual brilliance and a couple of players bagging hat-tricks. U15s Sunday team continued where the Saturday team left off. Despite going a goal down against Bedale at the Vale of Mowbray Stadium, they overcame the strong wind and played a good passing game on the best playing surface we have seen all season. We ran out 5-1 winners, Cameron McKay bagging all five. U17s played host to Pool, who came into the game on the back of an 18-month unbeaten run. Strong play from KDR, and a desire to win saw us deserved win 3-2.

Action from the U15s match at Bedale. More pictures can be viewed here

Saturday 12th January

U14s Girls travelled to Brayton Belles for a County Cup quarter final match. Brayton are a familiar opponent, having given us closely fought contests in the City of York League over the last few years. We took the lead after a strong solo run and then added two wonderful team goals at the end of the first half. The girls withstood an onslaught at the start of the second half, playing very sensibly to deny Brayton a single shot on target all game, and then grabbing a well worked fourth goal to put the tie beyond any doubt. U15s Saturday team played a very competitive game away at Aberford. We missed a number of chances early in the match, only for Aberford to take the lead against the run of play. We replied with two quick goals before half time, and in the second half we missed yet more chances. With 12 minutes left Aberford equalised. Cue a frantic last few minutes, during which we managed to score again to win the game 3-2.

Sunday 6th January

U11s played in the League Cup Final at Harrogate Town's CNG Stadium. Unfortunately the boys failed to perform at their best on the day - we won one game but lost the other three, albeit by a single goal each time.